Can't install Flash Player after removal

Solved/Closed
sathesh - Jan 4, 2011 at 04:10 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 29, 2012 at 05:03 AM
hi iam using xp sp3 internet exp 8 i removed my flash player from add or remove prog
now iam trying to instal back its not working when i try manuly its says {the activex control for flash player could not be registered} and if i go to adobe flash player to instal nothing is happning and i saw manage add-ons i could no find flash player so plzzz help me to get this down
Related:

24 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 8, 2011 at 05:38 AM
Hi, ok.

1. make sure the date and time on your computer are correct

2. Download the Uninstaller and SAVE to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

3. Download the Flash Player Installer for Internet Explorer and SAVE to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash _player_ax.exe

4. After you have done that, then disconnect from the Internet and don't re-connect until it is listed in the steps that follow.

5. Disable your Anti-Virus and Firewall, disable any apps in system tray as before, Close all browsers.

6. RUN the Uninstaller, then Reboot. Now when fully rebooted, Reboot again. This is needed to clear old files for IE. When fully rebooted, check and make sure the Anti-Virus/Firewall did not re-enable themselves on that last Reboot.(some do)

7. If AV/Firewall is disabled, then RUN the Installer. Then Reboot Once.

8. Re-enable your AV/Firewall and connect back to the Internet.

Go here to test:https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/

9. Then try a couple of websites. Then back to the Flash files and post what is Installed; and then see if the Shockwave Flash Object is now Installed.

Take your time, hope it goes well this time
i had followed all your steps and i found so many flash fragments in various folders most of them in windows-system 32- but they can't be deleted. everytime i tried to permanently delete them, the dialog box reopened again and says that the files are currently in used or you need ask permission from the administrator.

the next step, i tried to use the revo unistaller to move the unwanted files or folders by dragging the revo unistaller small icon on the corner of the screen over the files, but then it says that the path of the files or the folder cannot be found.

Ottokhe...
can you help me please...
I can't install my flash player after the removal. and i aware that i still have the remain fragments in the system, but i don't have any idea how to find it. Until I read this page. Eventually i able to find them, but then I got stuck again..

Many thanks to you ^.^
@Ambucias

thanks for the advice :)
Already done the intallation and it's completed :)

I thought the installation was failed because I didn't see the icon on the desktop, but then when I opened a flash file, it's successfully run well.

Thank you so much
it was my bad, and sorry for the inconvenience :)

warmth regards
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 29, 2012 at 05:03 AM
@Ilma

It was my pleasure.