IE8+9, WMP, Adobe, Won't connect to net

Closed
omectraman - Jan 4, 2011 at 08:17 AM
rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 - Jan 6, 2011 at 04:44 PM
Hello, i am having a problem with windows programs and adobe, they will not connect to the internet. have tried all the solutions in the page below to no avail.
https://ccm.net/forum/affich-71955-ie-8-cannot-access-any-internet-web-pages
I have upgraded to IE9 to no avail, adobe will not connect to server for updates and allow me to download adobe digital editions.
Have tried to use Microsoft Mr Fixit which firefox will download the exe file but once opened wont connect to server to download program.
Tried to install windows 7 upgrade hoping to bypass the problem but that failed to install properly so had to roll back to vista home premium.
Firefox has no problems connecting just no luck with IE8, IE9, WMP or Windows 7 Upgrade advisor. I have run norton removal tool, and different mal ware programs to clean up my system.
Realtek audio HD driver will not load at startup so have no sound and my dvd rom is not visable in device manager, have updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, disabled and enabled devices. If i install the audio driver the sound works on restart but no audio device found on wake up or restart. Have tried deleteding upper and lower values for the dvd drive which worked for a few times now not working at all.
So as you can see having great fun.
I hope that someone out there can help me.
This weekend i am planning on doing a clean install of windows 7 but would like the laptop to be working before that so i know what w7 buggers up!!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Very Frustrated!!
Acer 7520
AMD TK-55 1.8
4GB ram
Windows Vista SP2

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-71955-ie-8-cannot-access-any-internet-web-pages
Related:

1 response

rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Jan 6, 2011 at 04:44 PM
sounds like a nasty virus, scan the drive with a different virus checker, the windows one is good, but takes a while.