Videos missing in hidden folder

Closed
lin - Jan 4, 2011 at 08:51 AM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Jan 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Hello,
currently using window xp for compaq laptop. i need to find back some lost videos and i cant find it at all. since the videos are very important for me and i want the videos to be invisible for others,thus i put it in a folder and put as hidden folders.

one day, i used disk clean up but canceled it suddenly.i didnt complete the disk cleanup. next day, when i wanna open the videos, i found that all videos in the hidden folder already lost. bt the hidden folders still remain there,just the videos inside the hidden folder missing..
please help me..thanks^^

Related:

1 response

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Jan 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM
hello,

the actual FOLDER, not the data but the folder, it's hidden, right? And can you see it or do you open it with other means (like typing it in the directory)? Ensure hidden folders and items are being shown (Tools > Folder Options > View (a Tab) and in the window you'll see a box. Look for the 2 circle buttons (radio buttons) underneath the folder. If this is shown, try looking for the videos with WinRAR. It's free to try from

www.ninite.com

or maybe the WinRAR website. This still won't mean they're gone if you can't see them and they're guaranteed to come if you can, but it will definitely help. Also, check your anti-virus to see if they're in the vault because they may be infected. Good Luck