Have lost many files

Closed
nannybrook - Jan 14, 2011 at 02:30 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jan 16, 2011 at 06:22 AM
Hello,

To cut a long story short I have had to reload Windows XP and all other software necessary to get PC working. After trying to get sound on some videos I downloaded
K lite mega coda which did not work so I removed it . Sadly now I am left with nothing in My Pictures, no Itunes and no reclaimed work from time before Windows originally stopped working. Please, please help me to get all these things back.
With thanks
NannyBrook
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 14, 2011 at 03:34 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below link and download the application

http://www.powerdatarecovery.com/download/pdr6free.exe

After launching the application, check the check box "I am a home user, please

launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition" and then click on "Launch

Power Data Free Edition" button --> Click on "Damaged Partition Recovery" -->

Select a partition/volume you like to recover from the partition list --> Click on

"Full Scan". It will try to recover the files.

[Note : Install the application in the other partition since you have lost the files

in "My Pictures" which is in C-drive(OS Drive). After accepting the license

agreement change the installation location from C: to D: or to any other partition]

Good Luck
Thank you - The software you advised has indeed found many files, however, unfortunately I am not sufficiently knowlegable to know how to restore them. A message advises me to use a different drive to download them to. How can I tell which recovered files i can download to my PC hard drive without doing more harm?
Sorry - even more in need of help !!
Nannybrook
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 16, 2011 at 06:22 AM
Hello,
After the process gets completed, select the partition having the highest percentage first and then click on "Show Files". Then look for your files. You can use the option "Find" to search for your files. Then select your files and click on the option "Save file".
Good Luck.