Xp won't boot up

Closed
td9330 - Jan 17, 2011 at 05:25 PM
 Anonymous User - Jan 18, 2011 at 03:07 PM
Hello,

So I have a computer and it's operating system is Windows xp. The other day, my antivirus software, ( AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 version) popped up with some notifications that it found some viruses and I clicked that it was ok to move them to the Virus Vault. It said I needed to restart my computer, but when I did the boot up process would get to the screen with the Windows logo and the little bar at the bottom, but before the little progress bar thing would even cycle once, a blue screen of death would flash for like .0022438 seconds and the computer would immediately restart. I couldn't start in safe mode or ladt known good configuration or anything, so I put the windows cd in and booted from CD. I ran the system restore option that was supposed to fix windows without changing my settings or deleting anything andthat ran and it was supposed to reboot and let me finish fixing windows, but now everytime it reboots, it goes through the windows load screen, but then all I get is a black screen with a large moveable white cursor in the middle of the screen. Before that, I can get to the BIOS settings and I can press F8 and get to the screen that lets you try and open in safe mode and stuff, but none of those options work, I get a black screen with a white cursor every time. If you read this whole thing, thank you! Any help or ideas on what might be wrong with my computer would be much appreciated!
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jan 18, 2011 at 03:07 PM
Greetings,

- Remove battery, unplug power, hold power button for 60 seconds, turn on computer with power plug only, then shutdown, add battery and restart

Regards!