Please Please help me recover my files!

Solved/Closed
reidej Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2011 - Jan 27, 2011 at 03:29 AM
reidej Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2011 - Jan 28, 2011 at 06:42 AM
Hello,

I have made a huge mistake by using system recovery disc to fix my laptop as it was riddled with viruses. BUT I didnt back up my files because I thought it would only restore the OS and applications. I was distraught when I switched my laptop back on and found that none of the users existed and all my precious photos have gone! I'm so upset, I cant stop thinking about it - I have a new baby and had thousands of pics of him plus music and other docs (not really bothered about these but the pics I'll never be able to replace)... I cant find them anywhere on the system - I feel so stupid. I'm REALLY frightened I'm not going to be able to get them back so am hoping and praying someone on here will be able to help me....?

Please Please get back to me ASAP if you think you can help me.

In anticipation, Emma

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 27, 2011 at 05:31 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below link and download the application

http://www.powerdatarecovery.com/download/pdr6free.exe

[Note : If you are looking to recover the files from the C-Drive then save the

application in the D-Drive and install the application in D-Drive. Don't make any

changes to that partition by adding any files.]

After launching the application, check the check box "I am a home user, please

launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition" and then click on "Launch

Power Data Free Edition" button --> Click on "Damaged Partition Recovery" -->

Select a partition/volume you like to recover from the partition list --> Click on

"Full Scan". It will try to recover the files.

Good Luck
reidej Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2011
Jan 28, 2011 at 06:42 AM
Thank you so much! I cant begin to tell you how grateful I am. You wouldnt believe how many people told me I'd never retrieve my docs. You are a star and will go to heaven for this! :-) Emma
install recovrery software and run then select the drive and easly restore it..................................