Window installation problum

Closed
Shahzad - Jan 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM
paki_pol Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2009 - Jan 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Hello,
i have a HP-Pavilian Dv2000, i want to install window xp but this system cds are missplase, when i install window xp from other cds but not install in this device. please help me.

Regards
Related:

2 responses

I am not exactly sure, but it sounds like you are wanting to install XP from a cd that did not come with your computer, and therefore the drivers do not install for things like video / audio.

You can use ANY cd to install XP with (as long as you use your key that should be on your laptop)...just make sure it is the same version. So if your laptop sticker says WINDOWS XP HOME you will have to use an XP HOME cd to install, or if yours says XP PRO or XP MEDIA CENTER...just make sure to get the same version that is listed on your sticker and be sure to use your CD key.

Once Windows is installed, for that model laptop, you will need to go here to download the drivers for it:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1817074
paki_pol Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2009
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Sir, In the Laptop HP-Pavilian DV2000 sticker show Designed for Window XP and Window Vista Capabite, but in this system dont install window xp home eddition. the window crystel is also no install in this mechine .

Regards