Startup keeps reseting

Closed
RyuVIIV Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2009 - Jan 7, 2009 at 03:58 AM
julioz Posts 21 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 - Jan 7, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Hello,
i've just tried to turn on my computer desktop its a windows xp and worked fine everyday
however just now there was a power out and when i turned it on this time it came up with a black screen with 5 choices:

Safe Mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Last setting that worked
start windows normally

i know what these all mean but once i tried one - it reset the computer as the windows xp screen was loading with the blue bar
so it hought i'd try the rest and yes, it didnt work one bit .

so i need some help in actually getting on to the log on screen and not reseting the actual computer
Thanks

2 responses

phdhopes Posts 21 Registration date Wednesday September 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 2
Jan 7, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Hi,

Perhaps that you have a conflit with your operating system..

Try booting on safemode once you access windows try to fix the problem..

Otherwise press F8 when you switch on your computer and select boot on lastest configuration.
julioz Posts 21 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 1
Jan 7, 2009 at 12:40 PM
if you need to go in safe mode, no need to reset the computer. as the window logo appears on start up, simply press the F8 button.

Do not reset your computer like this on purpose as it could completely damage your system. You can have much more documentation from this link http://ccm.net/faq/sujet 223 booting windows xp in safe mode