Unable to install xp

Closed
surya - Feb 24, 2011 at 03:42 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Feb 25, 2011 at 08:42 AM
Hello,
I have recently purchased a Hp mini laptop Dv5-1102tu & i am unable to install XP os on it. when i m trying to install XP , it shows operation had stopped because it can damage your hard drives , please uninstall all your Hardware drivers or go to Run & type CHKDSK /F.
please help me for installing Xp os on my Hp laptop & send me the full procedure how to install Xp on Hp laptop
Thank You
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 25, 2011 at 08:42 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Solution 1:

Disable the "SATA Native Mode" in the BIOS. But the performance decreases.

Solution 2:

1) Download nlite software & install it
https://www.nliteos.com/download.html

2) Download SATA Driver from this link
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2991&DwnldID=17883&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows%20XP%20Professional*&lang=eng

After downloading, right-click on it and select the option "Extract to f6flpy3289"

You can see the folder named "f6flpy3289" that contains the drivers.

3) Place the "Windows XP" CD in the drive.

4) Open nlite application --> click on "Browse" and navigate it to your

CD\DVD drive that contains xp cd placed in that drive. ----> Then it asks you

where to save the files ---> Just navigate to your desired location ---> Click on

"New Folder" button and select that folder ---> Click on OK ---> Now it copies the

windows xp files. After that click on Next--->Next.

5) In task selection ---> Click on "Drivers" and "Bootable ISO" options --> Click on

"Next".

6) Now click on "Insert" ---> Click on "Multiple Folder" ---> Navigate to the driver's

extracted location and select the folder "f6flpy3289" --->Click on "All" button -->

--->Click on "OK" ---> In "Text mode integration options", select all the drivers

and click on OK --> Click on "Next".

7) Click on "Yes" to start the process. Then click on "Next".

8) In "Mode" option select your choice whether you want to make image or burn

it to CD.

9) If you want to make ISO file then click on "Make ISO" button

10) After burning this slipstream xp, now try to install it.

Good luck.