Computer froze unable to start

Closed
Marie - Mar 2, 2011 at 10:31 PM
kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 - Mar 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Hello,

I recently downloaded pictures from my phone ... while I was doing this I noticed my mouse wasn't working anymore. I disconnected and reconnected the mouse ... then I decided to turn computer off to see if starting it fresh would help and then hooking up mouse would be okay. I turned it off and now it's just on one screen ... I try to push the F12 as I've read in recent similar problems, but nothing happens. I have turned it off several times and tried the Alt Ctrl Delete several times ... nothing. I even pushed the lock caps button and it doesn't even turn on. I don't know if my keyboard is shot. As of right now I'm very frustrated with it so I have completely left it alone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated Marie

1 response

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Mar 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Method 1:

Step 1: Check if you can boot in safe mode. To do so, follow these steps.

a) Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

b)Use the arrow keys to choose Safe Mode in the Windows Advanced Boot Menu Options and then press ENTER.

Step 2: If you are able to boot in safe mode, perform a system restore with a different restore point and try to get the computer to a bootable state.

a) Click Start. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.? If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b) On the window that appears, click Next and select the date and time on which the computer booted successfully and click Next. Wait for the process to complete.

Step 1: If you are unable to boot to the safe mode or if system restore does not help then you can try performing a startup repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRe). Refer the following link for the same.

Step 2: If the system boots back to the desktop, then check update history to know the failed error. Also, check for the updates and try installing one update at a time to check which one is causing a problem.