Network wireless laptop to a desktop

Closed
mrbmanb Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2009 - Jan 8, 2009 at 05:12 AM
 Hashi - Oct 21, 2009 at 06:15 AM
Hello,
i am trying to setup a network between my laptop and my desktop.
my laptop has vista and has a wireless internet connection to a wireless router(netgear 54 mbps wirless adsl2+ modem router with 4 port 10/100 mbps switch) and my desktop has windows xp with the same internet connection but is connected via an ethernet cable to the same router.do i need to have a wireless network card in the back of the desktop or can i use the wireless router that its connected to to talk to my laptop wirelessly.a step by step help would be great but any help would be much appreciated.
Related:

3 responses

bm3754 Posts 19 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 22, 2009 10
Jan 8, 2009 at 05:58 AM
hi,
you will need a wireless network card to plug in your desktop computer.
urlinkguydotcom Posts 3 Registration date Thursday January 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2009 1
Jan 9, 2009 at 02:53 AM
Hi, you don't need anything. Your laptop and desktop are now connected to the same network. You just have to enable file sharing on both computers. If you want your desktop to connect wirelessly you can add a network card and you can still do file sharing that way.
all i want to be able to do is file share from my laptop that is wieless to my desktop that is plugged into my router.i have already chose files to share on each computer but each computer cant see the other one.
Hi. My fujitsu laptop (Li3710) is very very slow when connected to my wireless network (adsl line). The modem is connected to my desk top. How can I solve this problem on the laptop. All applications just get extremely slow the moment I switch on the wireless.