Black screen with mouse cursor

Closed
Confused? - Mar 19, 2011 at 06:35 AM
 A way out - Mar 24, 2011 at 06:26 AM
Hello,
Yesterday I was using my ascer laptop and then suddenly all these pop up errors came up out of now were which caused the laptop to freeze. So I waited a while. Nothing happened so I shut it off manually via holding the power button till it turned off. Waited for like half of an hour, then turned it on... It loaded and came up with repair option which I did and it then said uninstall any recent mp3 video<------- ... Something like that.. So as I try to access the laptop the loading screen with bar comes up but then after that instead of it coming up with options of which user to go on it's just a black screen with the cursor.... This is the same story with safe mode and also task manager will not open :/ any suggestions will help pls???? I think it's bad software but how can I uninstall it if I can't get in .. Also is there a way to get the data out :/ thanks

Related:

1 response

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Mar 21, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Press control alt delete and select task manager. under Applications select "new task" type in explorer and press enter. you should see your background image and the taskbar as well as your icons. but other processes arent running. for example, i normaly get widows sidebar when I start, nowi dont. my plan is to back up everything and re-install the OS because it is all screwed up.
he said task manager wouldnt open. I'm having same issue and can't find a fix
Still no cure :/ however if u guys want to get Yr data out fool these steps
Requirments... External memory source such as hard drive or a big memory USB .. Name it so u can Identify it :) and patience!!!!!!!!!!!!
Start laptop
Click f8 a few times
Select.. Repair computer
.. Press next on the language thing
Enter usser name .. Pass wateva
This is the good bit :)
Go in to command prompt. Shud b last option
First type..... C: then click enter
Then type.... Regedit... Click enter ( ingore dots btw)
Ok u shud get a few options up. Click on h key local machine . And on top left click file and load hive.
U shud see my comp...click on it and ull see ur USB connected ( since u named it u can identify it :) )
Now look for the stuff u want to save on it. Which shud be in documents
Right click copy . Navigate back to USB and paste . There's no loading so jus wait . The bigger the copy the more the time.
Jus keep doing this till u saved everything and if I stil got no cure. Restart to factory settings :) good luck guys