Files not hidden not visible

Closed
Chucky - Mar 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM
 Chucky - Mar 30, 2011 at 08:47 PM
Hello,

My computer recently got infected with a virus and I could not fix it so I ran the computer under safe mode and backed up all my files then reformatted. Now that I reformatted I'm importing files again, however, files are not visible (but the drive indicates that there are contents). Only folders exist and no files within. It's similar to all the other problems people came across but none of the solutions worked for me. Also another strange thing is: I remember quite clearly one specific folder was 500 mb when i backed it up, now the folder says that it's 54 mb with no files in it. Please help!!

1 response

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Mar 29, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Have you tried windows explorer and tools then folder options and looking in
the Advanced settings window to untick the box for do not show hidden files
and folders?
yes i've tried all those. no luck =\
Miyamoto Musashi Posts 21 Registration date Wednesday March 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2011 2
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Although the folder may indicate it is empty it might be worth going into the folder to see if the files are there (providing you've followed kristain's instructions).

If they are select files > Right-click > Select Properties. The properties windows will then open with which you need to ensure that the 'Hidden' attribute is unchecked.

Let me know how it goes.
I have tried all that. when i roll over the folder with my mouse, it says 54 mb or soemthing but when i click into the folder there's nothing. nothing is hidden and i have the "show hidden files" option checked