Starting the computer

Closed
Michael - Mar 29, 2011 at 03:07 PM
 Anonymous User - Mar 30, 2011 at 07:55 AM
Hello,

i have windows 7 and when i start my computer it boots up via a boot cd, i would like to change this to start via hard drive. Is this possible? if so can someone tell me how?

thanks Michael

4 responses

Anonymous User
Mar 29, 2011 at 03:20 PM
Greetings,

Regarding your question, you have to change your boot sequence. Refer to the following faq to do it:
https://ccm.net/faq/648-boot-devices-modifying-boot-sequence

Regards.
thanks for your quick reply, however as i mentioned when i switch on the PC it starts ok but when it comes to reading the boot cd, the computer just shuts down. I have to keep switching it on (this can take several times) before it starts booting from the cd, that is why i would like to switch over to the hard drive. I have double checked all the connections etc... there all ok... any ideas why this happens? thanks again

Michael
Aud21 Posts 37 Registration date Tuesday March 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2012 1
Mar 29, 2011 at 11:51 PM
to modify the booot sequence, you need to enter the bios. In most motherboards to enter the bios simply press "del" or "delete" Now it depends of your motherboard. Try to look for boot or "change boot device priority

I hope this helps

-Mike
Anonymous User
Mar 30, 2011 at 07:55 AM
Like I said, you must change the boot sequence of your laptop.

To access to the BIOS, you swith on your laptop and at the appearance of your motherboard's brand name (like Acer, Toshiba, HP etc...), you'll see the initial display screen to get into the BIOS at the bottom of your screen. It can be F1, F2 or DEL, it depends of your Bios suppliers.

Once into your BIOS, you follow the instructions I gave you above.

Good Luck