Connect projector to computer

Closed
MikeJ - Mar 30, 2011 at 09:15 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 30, 2011 at 04:40 PM
Hello,

Can you help please. I have a Compaq Presario CQ70 laptop PC running Vista which I wish to connect to a Sharp XV-PN300 LCD projector in order to project video from the PC. The PC has a female VGA socket in addition to the usual USB ports. The projector has a female S-Video input socket, a yellow jackplug socket labelled Video Input and white and red sockets labelled Audio Input. I have been told that I need a digital to analogue converter with the appropriate cables. Is this true? Do you know where I can the correct connection equipment? Do I need to change the resolution on the PC? Would appreciate any help.
Regards
Mike

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 30, 2011 at 04:40 PM
Your VGA is analog - So, all you need is a "VGA to S-Video" cable. There is NO digital to analog conversion needed. Google "VGA to S-Video" and you will find many converters.

Many older projectors will not sync with "wide-screen" laptops. I would the the resolution at 800x600 first and then try higher resolutions.

Good Luck