Ctl, insert, and right shift +c not working

Closed
saleschick71 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2009 - Jan 14, 2009 at 01:37 AM
 mahesh - Aug 13, 2010 at 08:06 AM
Hello,
a couple days ago my 2 year old smashed down on a my laptop keyboard. At the time i didn't think it was big deal, but then I noticed I couldn't make a capital c using the right shift key - although all other keys can be capitalized using the right shift. After some checking I noticed that ctrl +c, ctrl +v, insert aren't working either... It's driving me nuts. I contacted Dell since the laptop is under warranty.... they said it was a Windows issue (I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium). I've read the boards and can't seem to find a solution...it's driving me nuts. Any help, suggestions would be GREATLY appreicated.
Related:

5 responses

hinoak Posts 23 Registration date Monday August 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2009
Jan 14, 2009 at 03:51 AM
hi,

if it's a Windows issue, as stated by your service provider, you can repair your windows by booting from your the installation cd.

Or you may also try to perform a System Restore to set your computer to a previous date when it was functioning normally.

for this, go to
>Start
>All Programs
>Accessories
>System Tools
>System Restore
saleschick71 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2009
Jan 14, 2009 at 09:17 AM
Thank you. I tried restoring the system back to Dec. however, the keys still didn't work.
Hi there.

Two days ago I reinstall my notebook, and after installing Windows on it my CTR left key was not working anymore, but instead my right CTRL key was working. Anyway somehowe BIOS was changed where you have an option swap Fn and CTRL key, I jus disable that option and now my left CTRL key is back. Now I can use all my favorite shortcuts.
straightcurls Posts 1 Registration date Monday May 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2010
May 3, 2010 at 09:38 AM
You have a windows vista laptop right... in that case you might need to use ctrl+shift+start+c, if not then the other answers worked for me when my younger sister foolishly played around with my settings.. cheers. :D
I replaced the keyboard and all is working fine again! Thank you to everyone for their help/

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I still have the problem for Ctrl+A Ctrl+C Ctrl+X Ctrl+V

I'm having Lenono N Series. Please help.