'Could not contact master game server...&#039

Solved/Closed
tibu - Jan 17, 2009 at 07:41 AM
 2342 - Dec 2, 2012 at 01:12 AM
Hello, I have a big counter srike problem: when I try to find online servers it appears this mesage:
Could not cantact master game server to retrieve server list.
Can anyone help me????
Related:

59 responses

i copied that masterserver.vdf file......its working but I can only see servers of latency above 200.....and most of them have "biohazard" as the game name....anything I can do to see servers below 100 like I used to..!!!???
i have load master file n server are also coming but I m frm pakistan and I want the servers nera karachi plz help me my id is saadaslam_786@hotmail.com
TUM AISA KARO KE WWW.GAMETRACKER.COM/SERVERS mein jao phir wahan se choose karo cs 1.6 aur location 250 km ya 500 km choosee karo yeh sab tumharey ghar ke pass cs ke serevr ka batadeingay
ppl goto www.gametracker.com/servers and choose GAME cs 1.6 then select LOCATION 250 or 500 km thiese servers would be near to ur country or area.
it works for me but

it gives me only one or two cs servers , all others are of css
i cant get servers wid less latency
im from Pakistan I used to play but now I cant . . . . .
Please help me
thanks in anticipation . . . .
Thx guys, it worked for me, this coping of this file. Thx again :)
Go on to this website

http://css.setti.info/masterserver/masterserver-instructions/
then it says masterserver.vdf right click on it then click save link the save it to your counte strike 1.6 folder (not cstrike), then go on platform\config\ save it there

it may come up with counter strike source servers if its counter strike 1.6 but there is only a little

Hope this helps.any problem call me Phone number removed for security
thx
str g0dzxo > UUB
Dec 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM
ok........ive got a solution that has definetly worked for me.......just uninstall cs 1.6 and then reinstall it from somewhere else.......it works...just make sure you dont download it from the same place as you did before hope this works for you :)
|Cobra:XS| PaKiStAnI HeRo
Aug 1, 2009 at 01:09 PM
yes download a new version of game from www.cobraxs.com here I uploaded a latest V 35 game and a patch of V36 of Counter Strike Hope it will solve your Problem

Further email me ur problem I will welcome to look forword to solve it regarding COunter Strike

Thanks

Have Fun
DUDE I M HAVING SAME PROBLEM OF COULD NOT CONTACT MASTER SERVER TO RETRIEVE LIST...I HAVE TURNED MY FIREWALL OFF BT STILL ITS NT WORKING...I M DESPERATE TO PLAY CS AGAIN.....PLZZZ HELP ME OUT..
I install the patch v26 and the problem is gone
where do you install it?
I m from Dubai but I only get russian servers....i want to get UAE SERVERS

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i live in the middle east and I have the cs 1.6 version and wen I click on find servers it says cud not contact to master game server I tried evry thing and it duz nt wrk im desperate plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to gametracker.com and find servers near ur country and add them to favourite and u can ply!!!
it dosent work man I want the easiest way
Problem Solver
Aug 10, 2009 at 02:20 AM
Go on to this website
http://css.setti.info/masterserver/masterserver-instructions/
then it says masterserver.vdf right click on it then click save link the save it to your counte strike 1.6 folder (not cstrike), then go on platform\config\ save it there

It Works ....I Am Living In U.A.E now I am getting more than 500+ servers

thzxxxx
but where I found counter strike folder?????????????
I TRIED UR METHOD WORKS......BUT THE SERVERS LATENCY IS TOO HIGH ABOVE 400....PLEASE HELP
Hi,..
it worked but all servers have a latency of 200+ so I ma getting kicked by most of them..
Any solution to this will be highly appreciated..
Thanks
when I go into counter-strike file and then platform there is no config file its a file that says severs and go into that and theres a severbrowser.dll so where do I put the mastersever at in the sever file or over the sverbrowser.dll please help if you can tky
Blocked Profile
Aug 29, 2009 at 09:09 AM
Hello
My name is anita godwill,i saw your profile today at ccm.net
and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and I want you
to send an email to my email address so I can give you my picture for you to
know whom I am.
Here is my email address; (Email Id removed for security)
I believe we can move from here!
I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.
anita.
(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but frinedship matters alot in

life)

Reply me at:.(Email Id removed for security)
i think I might help you gus
i dont know if itll help you guys but it sure help me
after you've placed the master server thing in your directory
open your counter strike folder and launch "LAuncher"
enable online play and click on the game you wanna play
hope this helped ^^
"Problem Solver" All you did is copy my post.

Anyway.
Im gonna post one more time.

If you have steam , Just update your game.

If you have non-steam :

1. Copy MasterServers.vdf to config\ directory

* Standalone: C:\games\Counter-Strike Source\platform\config\MasterServers.vdf OR

* Steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\config\MasterServers.vdf

2. Make MasterServers.vdf read-only

* Right-click over MasterServers.vdf, select "Properties" and check "Read-only"

Hope this Helps. If you want to email me at Email Id removed for security thats ok.
Nice To Meet You,
My name is Miss cynthia koneh, As I whisper my prayer tonight and went into search for a nice friend at google that is(internet) I came across your contact,My mind and my heart told me to contact you for friendship, A friend who truly understand his or her friend and share their feelings together. please kindly accept my request, I believe that distance or age can never be a barrier but let's love connect us because love is a bridge that connected far distance to be close to each other, I will send my pictures to you immediately I receive your reply at my email address
Email Id removed for security
yours In Love,
cynthia.
Email Id removed for security
styla Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2009
Nov 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM
where should I put the program (master server) and where this platform "Counter Strike is 1.6/cstrike/platform/config" please answer me quickly

thank you in advance
how can we retrieve list of counter strike plz can anyone help me
i did get the file but it still wont play???????????????????????
I have the same problem and read this whole thread with no solution. I upgraded from 1.0 to 1.6 and I have no counterstrike 1.6 folder. Also no luck with downloading that file and putting it into my config folder with read-only permissions. I have a sierra folder and that's it. Any different ideas?
if u have steam go to :
the place where u downloaded steam
then steamapps and u will find cs 1.6 there
I tried everything I could...disabling my firewall, uninstalling norton, plugging my computer directly into my gateway (bypassing the router/switch), reinstallation, but the only thing that worked was installing CS into steam itself. It didn't pick up that I had it installed so I had to download it through steam...800 MBs. But it worked after that even though I already had the game installed.

Download and install Steam
Update it (should be automatic)
Click on "My Games"
If it says "Not Installed" next to Counter-Strike...
Right click Counter-Strike and select Install game

That's it!
where I should put my masterserver.vdf?? icant find platform or config in my cs file,please answer my question, thx before
guy I did all that but game still dont work with me I have cs zoro is that deffrient ?
thanks. its work! awesome!
Paraskevas mintzas
Feb 3, 2010 at 09:03 AM
hi my counder strike dont play online why?i dont fine servers why?