Comp is MESSED UP & cant download to fix it

Closed
Anonymous User - Jan 19, 2009 at 03:51 PM
 Anonymous User - Jan 20, 2009 at 02:35 AM
So the other day I was deleting files very recklessly to free Disk Space. Seems like I deleted some important stuff.

deleted EXPLORER.EXE~ so my Task bar is screwed

Also Certain Programs wont run; IZARC, VEOH WEBPLAYER, QUICKCAM

When i try to run IZARC.... this pops up: C:\Program Files\izarc\izarc.exe This appliction has failed to start because the application configuration is in correct.

To top it all off I cant download ANYTHING to fix it. The download pops up for half a second then dissappears.

So am i completely screwed or what?

Thanks, Louise
PS: System Restore doesnt work either.
Related:

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 19, 2009 at 04:56 PM
If you have the Windows XP install CD then you can do a "repair/install" that will repair Windows and leave your installed programs and files intact. The downside is you will need to re-install ALL the Windows updates.

See this site for more info:

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Anonymous User
Jan 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Thanks, I guess I can try to get a hold of one of those disks doesnt look too hard to do.
zerokilled Posts 9 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 1
Jan 19, 2009 at 11:26 PM
hopefully a system restore might fix it, unless you had turned it off.
Anonymous User
Jan 20, 2009 at 02:35 AM
no i didnt have it turned off. i want to system restore clicked 'ok' and nothing happened. is there anyway i can fix it without a XP startup disk?