Is this virus faking our address?

Closed
beafrank3 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 14, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2011 - Apr 14, 2011 at 09:54 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 15, 2011 at 04:35 AM
We are constantly receiving messages saying that we have sent emails with the W32.yaha virus. Most of these alerts are sent at night or at weekends when our office is shut. We also receive alot of emails from other addresses containing this virus but these are picked up by our Norton. We scan regularly and appear to be clean (I also ran the Norton removal tool in case, but it found nothing) and we also have Zone Alert Pro. Is it possible that this virus is sending out emails as from our address? If so, is there anything I can do - people are getting irate!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 15, 2011 at 04:35 AM
Beafrank,

Your systems and network are obviously still infected badly. As far as I am concerned Norton as well as all Symantec products are not a reference in the matter of virus irradication even if they claim to be.

This is a self-replicate recursively virus, meaning that infected systems spread the virus to other systems, which then propagate the virus further.

The e-mails the virus has sent to recipients (customers for instance) in your address book have been infected. If the recipients also has you in their book, you will also get e-mails from them and so on. Is'nt this fun?

You must clean everything from top to bottom.

Good luck