Acer as3810tzg display goes black

Closed
harco - Apr 30, 2011 at 04:38 AM
 Anonymous User - May 1, 2011 at 07:11 AM
i have a aceras3810tzg note book which is still in warranty . the other day i update the bios and after couple of days the screen goes black . it seem to me that the fan and processor still workin but not showing the display. i have also tried the trick of 60 sec power button etc but it didnt work. i am on holidays rite now so cant send the notebook to acer service centre. any help will me much appreaciated. cheers
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 05:52 PM
Hi,

Did you get your motherboard's brand name (like Acer) when you switch on your laptop, If yes, you'll see the initial display screen to get into the BIOS at the bottom of your screen.

Go to the BIOS --> Make sure hard disk is detected in the BIOS -- > Set your first boot device as "Hard disk" --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.

Good Luck!
cheers for the reply i did look into it bt its already first boot on hard disk. I also put an external display wid it and it works fine on it. Its seem to me that the lcd of notebook hav some problem. Any suggestion on it uninstall vga drive etc something like that.. Thanks
Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 06:48 PM
Ok,

This seems to be due to a driver problem. Go to acer website, enter your model regarding your operating system then download first your chipset driver then the VGA driver. Install them and see if the problem still exist.
Alrite but u think do i need to just install the driver or uninstall first and then re-install. because the driver are already the updated one on it .
Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 06:56 PM
Ok, try to uninstall and re-install

PS: If it work perfectly to an external monitor, do you think to press the Fn key + F5 to see if the screen will not show something!
i tried the fn+f5 key its does show the laptop and external bt as soon i select the laptop it again shoes the blank screen on ecternal . Do u think it has to do anything with the bios because i updated the bios without any reason and i also have a switchable graphics card.
Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 07:05 PM
Yes, it might be the update of the bios, I suggest you to re-install the version of your bios you used before this problem occurs.
Alrite but the problem is I dn know what is the previous version of the bios it had. i updated to 1.28 from the acer website . they also have 1.27 do u think i will try that one. or may b reinstalling the driver frist ?
Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 07:20 PM
Ok, re-install the drivers first and if the problem still exist, downgrade your version of bios to 1.27