Audio Output Device is gone.

Closed
St@rbks23 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2011 - May 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 7, 2011 at 04:05 PM
Hello,
I have exhausted every measure I have seen on the forums all over the web and on HP's website. I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 notebook and the audio output device is gone forever it looks like. I didn't do anything at all but it disappeared. I need the audio!
Oh, and there is audio somewhere in this computer because I get messages when something didn't finish installing or something like that and it gives out that beep. If there is no audio how can it beep?!
I've tried searching for installing it myself and nothing is working. It just tells me that it couldn't find the Media device for it.
I have spent over $100 for service and an external hard drive so I could backup my files and programs while I restored my computer to the factory settings and it still doesn't work. I had audio through Sunday, May 1st, 2011 at approximately 1:30 am PST (United States). Woke up and it was gone.
I have also exhausted my body physically by having to walk over to Staples for EasyTech and now have to wait until Monday to request a refund.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
May 7, 2011 at 04:05 PM
Yes there is sound on that laptop.

Have you looked at the device manager to see if you spot the audio card?

Have you thought of updating or installing the driver for it?