Belkin G wirless Router

Closed
Sina - May 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - May 19, 2011 at 06:10 AM
Hello, I have A Toshiba Laptop and I used to be able to get internet through a Belkin G Wireless Router but when I had it restored to its original status like it was from factory, I can't get online. I can use it at ny niece's but not at home. Please help.

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 18, 2011 at 03:13 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

When you reset the router, it will clear all the settings that you have configured.

You need to configure the router once again by logging into it.

Go to the manufacture's website and download the manual.

You can find all the instructions regarding configuring your router Or Let me know

your router model number.

Good Luck
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
May 19, 2011 at 06:10 AM
The firewall settings present in the Belkin G Wireless router would prevent any unauthorized access from or to other private networks. The basic network protection is achieved and would prevent from unauthorized access. When the user would enable the firewall, it would change the ports to stealth mode. This would protect the network. You would right click 'Belkin Router Manager icon' present in system tray. By scrolling, you would click 'Belkin Set-up'. You have to then click the 'Advanced Tools' and have to select the Firewall Settings. You would then click box for Enable and would click 'Apply Changes'. This would set the firewall.