Compaq dc7700 ethernet drivers

Closed
Compudumb - 2 Jun 2011 à 11:40
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday 6 June 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 16 July 2020 - 3 Jun 2011 à 14:17
Hello, Same problem as old fogey. I downloaded all the drivers but can't figure out how to install them. They are .exe files so I just double clicked them but .....nothing. I there something else I should try???? Thanks
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday 6 June 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 16 July 2020
3 Jun 2011 à 14:17
Hello,

Try this 1

If you have downloaded a file named "SP211.exe" then check if the files are

extracted in your C-drive. Go to C-Drive(OS-Drive) --> Look for the folder having

the driver name Example:SP211 --> Open the folder and look for the setup -->

Double-click on it and follow the instructions.

If the setup file is missing and only the files with inf extension are there in that

folder then open your device manager --> Right-click on your Network which is

having the yellow mark --> Select the option "Update" --> When the wizard

appears, select "No, not this time" ---> Select the option "Advanced" -->

Uncheck the check box "Search removable media" and check the check box

(Select) "Include this location in the search" is selected --> Click on

"Browse" button and navigate to the location where drivers are extracted

(Example : You need to select your SP211 folder) --> Click on "Next".

Good Luck