Acer Aspire 5920 reset hardware settings

Closed
Angus - Jun 4, 2011 at 12:22 AM
 Anonymous User - Jun 4, 2011 at 01:44 PM
Hello,

I bought Acer Aspire 5920, Vista Home Premium pre-installed back in 2008. After good years of faithful services, it decided to invite problems and eventually come to halt. Being a bit knowledgeable in IT, I decided to fix it myself. No Vista Home CD or recovery media so I did a fresh installation of Vista Ultimate on it. It looked OK with all basic drivers working. I decided to install Acer Empowering Applications to restore the functions of hotkeys on keypad as well improve other entertainment & communication features, like it was initially installed. Thus, after having installed Acer Empowering Framework & Acer e-Settings Management, I reboot and here is the problem. The screen goes black, no other hardware seems to function: DVD drive, keyboard, USB, etc,..I boot without RAM & HDD but still the same. I tried the troubleshooting tips like removing battery & pressing power button for 30-60seconds, and it didn't help. Various combinations of functions keys did not help either. I tried all I could, and didn't succeed so I am coming to this forum for help. Any other clever troubleshooting tips will be greatly appreciated.

I know the problem is caused by the applications I installed. Under these conditions where external media, desktop, BIOS etc,..are not available, how can I undo the changes?
Please help as I really need to fix it. Thank you.

o I
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jun 4, 2011 at 01:44 PM
Hi,

Am afraid that nobody can help you on this forum, I suugest to get the laptop repaired by a qualified technician.

Good Luck