-
Registration date
Sunday June 5, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 12, 2011
-
Hello

I have the HP pavilion dv6700 and have done for afew years. I have never experienced problems untill now.

I was playing the sims and all of a sudden my screen went black yet I could still hear the clicking noises for the game. I turned my laptop off and on again but still greeted with a black screen. This happened around 5 hours ago.

I have left it for 2 hours on charge before coming back and trying to get it to work but still no luck. I have turned it off, took battery and charger out, pressed power button for 30 secs and turned back on using just the power chord. Since doing this I can hear it loading up to the screen that you put your password in but the screen is still black but slightly lit.

Any suggestions of what I do to fix it??

Thanks

3 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 5, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 12, 2011
I am thinking that maybe your laptop screen it self has died. It is also a possibility that the LED in your screen has died. Just a guess.
Registration date
Sunday June 5, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 5, 2011

That's what I thought except it happened to my partners laptop about an hour ago?

Would a virus do this? Even though we wasn't on Internet?
Registration date
Sunday June 5, 2011
Status
Last seen
June 12, 2011
Possibly if he has put in a flash drive with one on it but other than that no he couldnt have gotten one. Id take it somewhere and see what they say.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!