2 Ipod touches and neither are detected

Closed
tiredOFtouches - Jun 18, 2011 at 12:45 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 28, 2011 at 06:24 PM
Hello,

I have a 4th & 3rd Gen Ipod touchs and niether of them are being detected by my PC or Itunes. I ran diagnostics and it doesn't detect either Ipod. I reset both computer and ipods, unistalled all of Itunes and what comes with it (quicktime etc)reinstalled and still nothing. I have read, watched everything I can and can not figure this out. I tried different usb cords,usb ports even a different computer. I have updated everything I can think of, except the ipod mobile driver. I put the Ipod in DFU mode and the computer picked up and tried to install the driver. It said it was successfully installed but it wasn't.
OS-Vista IE 9
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 28, 2011 at 06:24 PM
plug in your Ipod and but it in Disk Mode: Reset by holding Menu/Middle buttons, then hold Middle/Play until disk mode appears.
Leave it plugged in.

1- Go to Control Panel
2- Open "System"
3- Click "Hardware" tab and click "Device Manager"
4- Find and maximize "Universal Serial Bus controllers"
5- Right click "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver". Click "Uninstall" (If it's not installed, get it with Itunes.)
6- If it doesn't all work out right there, unplug, replug you Ipod and you should be good. Opening Itunes might help I guess...