Black screen problem

Closed
Techdork277 - Jun 18, 2011 at 04:14 PM
 Anonymous User - Jun 23, 2011 at 04:14 PM
Hello,
I just got a black screen on my computer lately. So yesterday I left my computer on and the next day, all the input and output devices stopped functioning. I tried to reboot the system. It functions fine, it shows the bios and DELL logo, but after the screen where I select "safe mode" or "start windows normally" I get black screen. During the black screen I notice some things:
-red optic mouse light is turned off
-the keyboard is inactive
-the monitor's green light got turned to beeping yellow as if the computer is turned off
-the reboot button stop functioning
-The computer light is still green
-the fan is still blowing
-no annoying beeping sound
All the output stop functioning, but the computer is still going. I tried unplug and replug the cords, I left it rest for one day, I tried playing with the bios but no luck. I haven't bought any new hardware since I have my computer. Please help!!! Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you

Related:

4 responses

Anonymous User
Jun 18, 2011 at 07:49 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Remove the USB cable.

Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
Thanks, but my computer is still messed up. Also, this is a home computer, not a laptop.
Anonymous User
Jun 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Hi,

It is the same,

Try to remove your power cord and hold the On button for like 30 seconds to 1 minute and then connect it back and turn on to see if the problem persists.

Good Luck!
It's still the same. Thanks for trying though
Anonymous User
Jun 19, 2011 at 06:55 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will results such problems.

2) Check if you are able to boot into the "Safe Mode"

When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

Select "Safe Mode". If you are able to boot into safe mode then go to

"My Computer" --> Right click on your OS drive and select "Properties".

Click on "Tools" tab--->Click on "Check Now" button.

In "Check Disk" window, select those 2 options and click on "Start" button.

Good Luck
Sorry, I've tried both. I can't even get into "safe mode". When my computer reaches the windows logo screen, it disables all the input & output devices. I also tried to format my drives & reinstall windows, but the black screen is still there.
Anonymous User
Jun 23, 2011 at 04:14 PM
Hi,

Did you get your motherboard's brand name when you switch on your laptop, If yes, you'll see the initial display screen to get into the BIOS at the bottom of your screen.

Go to the BIOS --> Make sure hard disk is detected in the BIOS -- > Set your first boot device as "Hard disk" --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.

Good Luck!