Blue screen

Closed
collin - Jun 26, 2011 at 04:03 AM
Josephine Bahala Posts 7 Registration date Sunday June 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2011 - Jun 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Hello, I have a netbook emachine em250 .comes up with a blue screen saying
Windows has shut down to prevent damage .check for virusis /remove any
Newly installed hard drives. ect.

It tells me to run CHKDSK./F how do I do that it does not run in safemode or in any
Of the options. Other thing is it does not have a cd drive so I can use a start up disk
Pls help.

Regerds collin

Related:

1 response

Josephine Bahala Posts 7 Registration date Sunday June 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2011
Jun 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM
chkdsk /f is an option to fix the errors on your computer. For example, if you have shut down computer improperly/ system crashed - then chkdsk checks the disks for consistency or errors in terms of physica bad sectors, bad filenames, bad main file table.

if you are getting this error - your hard disk may be corrupted by generating bad sectors on it or some sort of file system coruption. it is necessary to run the chskdsk.

if the problem still persists, or you don't want to run chkdsk /f. You can try system optimization software. I recommend Acebyte Utilities Free, it's an easy-to-use optimization tools to speed up and improve the performance of your pc, it supports Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

Good Luck.