How to hand draw on computer

Solved/Closed
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Jul 15, 2011 at 08:50 AM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Jul 15, 2011 at 03:15 PM
Hello,

I do a lot of graphics with Adobe Photoshop and ZBrush, etc.

Using a mouse isn't the best way, but I've seen people use this thing like a screen with a pen, connected to their windows machine. Is this a tablet? or what? I'm guessing the pen uses an infra red tip. Any knowledge here would be appreciated. Thank you.

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Jul 15, 2011 at 01:23 PM
No. In most cases they are using a graphics pad.

A graphics tablet (or digitizer, digitizing tablet, graphics pad, drawing tablet) is a computer input device that enables a user to hand-draw images and graphics, similar to the way a person draws images with a pencil and paper. These tablets may also be used to capture data or handwritten signatures. It can also be used to trace an image from a piece of paper which is taped or otherwise secured to the surface. Capturing data in this way, either by tracing or entering the corners of linear poly-lines or shapes is called digitizing.

A graphics tablet (also called pen pad or digitizer) consists of a flat surface upon which the user may "draw" or trace an image using an attached stylus, a pen-like drawing apparatus. The image generally does not appear on the tablet itself but, rather, is displayed on the computer monitor. Some tablets, however, come as a functioning secondary computer screen[1] that you can interact with images[2] directly by using the stylus.

Some tablets are intended as a general replacement for a mouse as the primary pointing and navigation device for desktop computers.
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Jul 15, 2011 at 03:15 PM
Thank you, that is exactly what im looking for. The ability to put my free hand drawings into my graphic applications.

I'm interested in the kind that has a secondary screen visible on the tablet which will give me a lot of precision. Do you know any good brands for this?

Again, thank you a lot for the help. This definitly takes me a step further into what im looking for.

Regards.