BSNL Broadband

Closed
Unni - Jan 25, 2009 at 06:58 PM
 bond - Mar 29, 2009 at 08:20 AM
Hello,
PLZ HELP ME...
I use BSNL broadband. My problem is that I cannot access internet from my laptop where as I can connect from my desktop computer easily. I'm not talking about connecting simultaneously. When I try to connect from my laptop, the IP address generated is 169.254.*.*, which is a self-assigned address by the operating system (Windows XP) when it cannot access the DHCP server. I tried repairing connection, did all troubleshooting methods that I got during hours of googling. Anyway there is no change.
I dont have any idea what the problem is. My friend suggested that the ADSL modem stores the MAC address of my desktop computer in it and hence there is address mismatch when i try to connect from my laptop. Is it so? How to solve this? Is it because of PPPOE configuration?
plz respond.. I'm in trouble as my desktop is not working now!
Thanks.

2 responses

wires and plugs
Jan 27, 2009 at 07:17 AM
Yes the MAC address is saved by the DHCP. You will have to reset the broadband modem unplug it for about 10-15 secs. If it has a built in battery backup there should be a little button on the back by the ethernet plug use a pen and push the button to reset the modem.
rest u modem and try .