Don't display zero if result is null.

Solved/Closed
Sport - Aug 1, 2011 at 10:17 AM
 Stormdronk - Aug 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Hello,
I'm a newbie,
I can't figure out how to get Excel to put what's in a cell to another cell if the cell has a blank in it. For example, there are cells of data that I want to copy to other sheets in the workbook. Sometimes the cells are left blank. In this case I don't want Excel to put a "0" in the cells of the other sheets. If the cell is blank, I want a blank on the other sheets as well. Not a zero because there is no zero in the master cell.

Thanks for your help.

1 response

Hi,

You can use the if formule.

=IF(A1="","", Sheet2!A1)

Paste this formula in Sheet2 A1 or where you need it. This will give the result of A1 if there are something in it.

The "","" stands for (something).

Hope this helps??
Awesome! This got me on the right track. I pasted the formula into a cell (on sheet 2) but had to change it as such: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","", Sheet1!A1).
This works perfectly!! Thanks so much for providing valuable insight!!

I had tried to use the formula =Sheet1!A1 (on sheet 2) in a master document. It starts out with a blanks on the subsequent sheets until data is entered into the cell on the first sheet. It would display the desired information but if the data is deleted from the first sheet, there would be zeros in all subsequent sheets. I couldn't figure out how it started with blanks in the first place because I couldn't duplicate that function in any of my attempts. I think it might be a bug in MS Excel 2007 because I think my master document came from an earlier version.
Pleased I could help!!!!!!!