I have no sounds on my browser and WindowsMP

Closed
Deryck - Aug 4, 2011 at 09:13 AM
 namtrop316 - Mar 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Hello! I lost the sounds ONLY on my browser. Alongside this soundlessness in my browser, whenever I open a file associated with Windows Media Player I get a "server execution failed" message. Sounds work elsewhere in my computer (iTunes, VLC Media Player etc.)

I already tried wavemapper solution but then when I check for the file under Drivers32, the wavemapper file is already there. It's also on System32. So it's definitely not that.

Then I remember, I deleted two files the other day on Local Disc (C). I don't remember what I deleted there but they were certainly not inside a folder (not inside Program Files etc.). They were just there and I deleted them cause I was trying to get rid of unnecessary files WHICH I definitely should not do again w/o knowing what the file really is.

Anyway, please help me. Do you think deleting those two files are the reason why I have no sounds on my browser right now? And if so, how can I bring them back/solve my problem?

Thanks so much! Help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2011 at 09:15 AM
I suggest you reinstall your sound drivers.

what is the make/model of your PC?
Toshiba Satellite U400 - 10J
I run Windows 7 if that's any help. Btw, how do I reinstall my sound drivers? Sorry because I really dont know!
Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2011 at 09:35 AM
Deryck, click on:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

then click "Download" and select your Model and continue through there.

select then your operating System then download the AUDIO drivers and install.
Good Suggestion and thanks for the link to the Toshiba drivers page. Very helpful