My internet wont work

Closed
Ricky710 - Aug 15, 2011 at 12:37 AM
 Anonymous User - Aug 15, 2011 at 01:12 AM
Hello, my internet says its connected, but I cant browse the internet nor any other internet-related programs. It's a Window's Vista Home Premium 64-bit desktop computer. I've had it for around 2-3 years. It use to work fine 6 months ago, but now I can't browse or anything internet-related.
It's a wired connection to my wireless modem(and I have tried using a wireless usb and it still doesnt work) and there is nothing wrong with the cable nor the modem ports cause I have tried with 3 different computers(which all happen to work fine) and my Xbox 360 and they connect without any issues.
I have tried ipconfig, winsock, resetting internet options, resetting the modem, repairing the connection, uninstalling the ethernet software and reinstalling(in the device options), internet explorer, mozilla, google chrome, I've cleaned out my computer of all viruses, including a spy sweeper and still nothing.
I have tried uninstalling all my anti-virus protection and even disabling my windows firewall and nothing. Internet explorer is allowed in firewall settings and it still doesn't work. At times it seems it's connected, but I can't browse the internet. Sometimes it will allow updates, but for a limited time and then it loses it.
I can't think of anything else. Can anyone help? Please?
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Aug 15, 2011 at 01:12 AM
Did you check your hosts file for any unwanted entries??

Go to

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

open your hosts file and see if its clean