Ext Hard Drive turned in a Mac Disk

Closed
Cootje - Jan 28, 2009 at 03:59 AM
 lost_mac_user - Jan 3, 2010 at 07:49 AM
I have a problem, I have used my WB External Hard Drive to copy my Macintosh HD using Time Machine. Everything was succesful, it works and Mac OS X recognizes the Hard Drive as Time Machine. The problem is when I plug it in my PC on the University (Windows XP) it doesnt recognize it! I cannot install MacDrive on this PC because it is owned by the University so I need an other solution. I think I lost some important software when my Macintosh used the external hard drive as a Time Machine. Is it possible to turn this the other way around again so I could use the external hard disk like I use my USBstick (on both Macintosh and Windows XP) as a Mass Storage Device? Please help! What to do? Im not really that computer savvy so if someone would guide me what to do step by step i would be very grateful! Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

dishy Posts 9 Registration date Tuesday October 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2009 1
Jan 28, 2009 at 07:07 AM
hi,
this is possible depending on the capacity of the hard drive.
try to format it in the FAT format.
lost_mac_user
Jan 3, 2010 at 07:49 AM
Hey there... Having the same problem as Cootje. Any chance you can elaborate on that? I format through Windows or Mac?
I tried activating the drive under disk management... but it's not letting me do it. So is there a way to do this from the mac instead?