How to use 2 hard disk in one PC

Closed
shri - Oct 5, 2011 at 04:01 AM
 shri - Oct 5, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Hello,

Hi
i have use 2 hard disk in one pc how to use one HDD 500GB SATA and another one is IDE 80Gb How to use both HDD in one running PC please tell me
Related:

3 responses

mark_louis68 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday October 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2011 3
Oct 5, 2011 at 07:30 AM
1.You may remove your CD, DVD or floppy disk drive, that way you gain an additional bay for disks.

2.Laptop drives take up less space, but you will need a converter to normal IDE bus in order to connect it to your computer. Ensure that you know how to connect these properly, with the first pin always being connected to a marked wire on the cable.
3.Know your case's limits. If you don't have enough space then you have to buy a bigger case. There are cases out there (for computers that will act as beefy servers) that will take many disks in their stride.

4.Network drives can be attached to your network and will pretty much function as a locally attached disk. It may be slower but if you can't add it physically to your computer, there should be a compromise somewhere.

5.External hard drives are usually attached to a USB port, and are less expensive than equivalent network drives.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 5, 2011 at 12:59 PM
attach one to a SATA port and attach one to an IDE port. Then select in the BIOS which drive you want to boot from.

Good Luck
How to use in system storage Memory
How to use that memory ( i.e another hard disk memory)
Onio4yas Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 at 09:55 PM
there must be many port like ide port sesi port etc.

connect your another disk to the proper port with a connect wire.