Audio is not working

Closed
Amit - Oct 5, 2011 at 08:57 AM
 Anonymous User - Oct 5, 2011 at 09:04 AM
Hello,
Hi!!!

I right click "my computer"click "manage"click "device manager"click "sound,video and game controller
open(audio codes,legacy audio driver,legacy video capture device,media control devices,video codes. i can choose any of them it shows this device is working properly.i go to start menu, setting,control panel select sound and audio "it showes "no sound device" i don't understand whats going on my video device is working properly.but there is no sound.
My operating Syserm is :-
microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack 2
AMD Sempron(tm) 140 processor
2.71 GHz, 960 MB of RAM
Please give me the right solution

Thanks

I have Tried this solution given by you:

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services

Then locate in the list of services "Windows Audio". Open this service

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Disabled then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

Next Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volume Tab then put a tick in the box marked "Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar" then click apply.

With a bit of luck and following wind you should now have your sound restored.

But my startup type is already "Automatic" and it is running succesfully. but still in control panel, sound and Audio devices, In volume tab all options are highlighted.

Please help me....!!!

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Oct 5, 2011 at 09:04 AM
reinstall your sound drivers.

Make sure you install the chipset driver before installing sound drivers