Excel transfer selected rows

Solved/Closed
Julz - Oct 11, 2011 at 04:20 PM
 Julz - Nov 8, 2011 at 03:34 PM
Hello,

I have in place a data validation,''list''. I want to be able to transfer selected rows with the different list names into separate worksheets automatically. Example;

This is my list.

Calved
Cull
Died etc

Cow number suchandsuch calved on this date
Cow number suchandsuch culled on this date
Cow number suchandsuch calved on this date

I want all calved info, cow number and all to go to another sheet in my workbook, mismo for the rest. I know basic excel, thats it.

Please help!

Julz

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 13, 2011 at 09:38 AM
Hi Julz,

This is what I understand from your query:

You have a data validation list with three items.

When an item is selected from the list, all rows containing that item will be moved to its respective sheet. I.e. Calved is selected all rows contaning calved will be moved to the sheet "Calved".

Am I right?
If so which cell contains the validation list?
Which column contains the items from the validation list? I.e. Which column contains the items which determine which rows to move to it's respective sheet?

If not, then please explain again in a different way.

Consider the option to post (a sample of) your workbook using a file sharing site like www.speedyshare.com. I'm using Excel 2003 so make sure your extention is .xls for me to help.

Best regards,
Trowa

ps. What does mismo mean?
Hi Trowa

Exactly what I want to do.
The Validation list actually contains 6 items. The list itself is in column L cell 3 to 8.
Column G contains the items from the list.
Mismo means ''same as''.

Regards
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 15, 2011 at 07:52 AM
Julz, as Trowa sugguested, if you could upload a sample file at some shared location it would be easier to help you.
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 17, 2011 at 08:43 AM
Hi Julz,

Glad to see I understood you correctly.

It doesn't matter where the actual list is, just which cell you use for the validation (dropdown) list. Please provide that cell reference.

Also which 6 items do you have? Excel needs to know what to look for.

Best regards,
Trowa
Hi TrowaD

I have uploaded a sample onto www.speedyshare.com. Hope I've done it right.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

Julz
The file name is validatin list