Microsoft Excel - Info Between Workbooks

Closed
Gaktog - Oct 15, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 15, 2011 at 05:07 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to send info from one worksheet to another in Microsoft Excel. I know how to use the function =sheet!a1 in order to grab it, but I was wondering if I can put a formula in the sheet that i want to grab from, and send it to another sheet.

I am creating a time sheet for my work, and I want to have a daily attendance sheet including everyone who works there, and all days of the pay period. I want any info put into there sent to each individuals personal time sheet. Right now I have it so each individuals time sheet is grabbing the info from the main daily attendance sheet.

The problem I am coming across is when I add a new employee to the main sheet, everyone's rows change and the individual sheets are grabbing from the wrong cells.

So my question is, is it possible to send info from one sheet to another, instead of grabbing info?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 15, 2011 at 05:07 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.