Hp screen blank

[Closed]
-
 Josh -
Hello,
My laptop screen is blank and I can't see anything. I know it loads because I can hear it and the screen where it has f1-f12 at the bottom shows up and I can see it, however, when it's supposed to transitions to the sign in screen it, goes blank and stays that way. I can go into the programs for f1, f9 and f11, but it won't transition into the sign in screen. Can someone tell me the problem please? I tried taking the battery out and holding the on button down for 20 seconds, but when I do that it ends up turning back off at about 5 seconds.

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Did you try F8 at startup. F8 should get you into "safe mode". If you can get into safe mode I would try to restore the system using a date/time prior to the problem started. If this doesn't work I would suspect a failed hard disk.

Good Luck
Thanks xpcman i do believe it is the hard disk grrrrrr...i did a little dance with it and it pulled up a page that let me know it could be one of two problems. Windows failed to load because the program was either corrupted or missing. How sad :) I have to get a windows installation disk now. Thanks again for your help.