Auto Fill/ Auto populate, a working spreadshe

Closed
morganh - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Oct 25, 2011 at 05:53 AM
Hello,

I need help developing a working spreadsheet. I am not sure how to do this as I have never created a macros.

What I have: Data associated to specific chemicals. Each chemical has a material number (i.e. 1,2,3,4...).

What I need: I am trying to create a working spreadsheet for shops to use to simplify data entry. In column one, I would like to type in the material product number and then for the chemical data to auto-populate/fill across that row. So that all of the specific data is associated to the material product number. Also, there are a few columns that need to be filled in manually (i.e. time in, quantity used...). Please let me know how to do this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Morgan

Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Oct 25, 2011 at 05:53 AM
in the data sheet you enter the name of the chemical, its number and other particulars.

then in the current sales sheet

enter the column headings exactly as in the data sheet
now you can write a event macro "worksheet_change" event
as you enter the number in the current sheet automatically the event macro will find the corresponding number in the data sheet and copy the data in the current sheet.

when you design spend some time in thinking of optimum design.