Copy, compare and update

Closed
phoenix - Oct 29, 2011 at 10:11 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 30, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Hi,anybody here can help me to this problme using VBA?.i need is a macro that will copy the master sheet to a new sheet and rename it as master rev.0 then if i have a latest rev. for master sheet, the data from latest rev columnA will compare to the previous ( master rev.0) then if there is a same data from latest rev and previou rev. in columnA,the data from column B to E of master rev.0. will automatically copy to the columnA of Master ( latest ).

Let say:
Master ( latest Rev. )
Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E
b
c
f
g
h
z
t

Master Rev.0
b 35 3 6 9
c 5 4
f
g 6 2
h 3 2 45 3

Result:
Master ( latest Rev. )
b 35 3 6 9
c 5 4
f
g 6 2
h 3 2 45 3
z
t

Then again if i have another latest data ,the master (latest Rev) will be copy to another sheet then it will rename as MAster Rev.1, same procedure the latest rev will compare again to the previous rev. now it is Master rev1.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 30, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.