How to know if there is a virus?

Closed
angelo - Nov 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM
 Anonymous User - Nov 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Hello,

sir may i ask, how to know if there is a virus in the system, cu'z my AV is quite stupid, when i click scan now, yes it will scan but after 3 seconds its done, and it will say your system is clean, how can i know if there's such thing in my computer?

and also, i did the system restore to a point that still my unit dont have infection, now i suspect that it didnt go well, cuz im seeing a odd number like .exe in my task manager.
Related:

12 responses

Anonymous User
Nov 6, 2011 at 01:03 PM
Please boot into safemode with networking

Download this

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

Save it on desktop,run it ,a command prompt window will pop up ,

after that you will get two logs

dds.txt
attach.txt

Please upload the dds.txt file to

https://authentification.site

and paste the link here
http://speedy.sh/FEhSc/dds.txt
now my net connection is rubbish, cuz every time i open a new tab and enter a site, its soooo slow, the threat detected last time is a trojan backdoor, i guess its now use to fight it?
Anonymous User
Nov 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Sorry to say Your PC is infected with ZERO ACCESS rootkit

Anonymous User
Nov 7, 2011 at 12:50 AM
@Angelo

Decide if you want to fight or back up your datas and format
but before i do that, i did the system restore in the system tools, i click the date that there is no infection, it didnt work right?
Anonymous User
Nov 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Restoring a PC to a previous date will not help you removing virus.Rootkit will stay there unless a format or factory restore is done

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 7, 2011 at 04:04 PM
angelo

Sundar is an expert. A rootkit will also infect your system volume information and contaminate any previous restore point.
im going to back up my files now, but there is one thing bothering me, cu'z im using a flash drive and ill burn some files too, will the virus infect them also?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 8, 2011 at 05:26 AM
Hello,

Please stand-by. I am corresponding with Sundar to discuss your case.

I may have a solution that may avoid formatting by disabling all applications that prevent desinfection.

Beware, the virus may infect your flashdrive.

Regards
ok sir, ill be waiting for your reply before i finally format my laptop.
Anonymous User
Nov 8, 2011 at 08:13 AM
Hi ambucias and angelo

Angelo

Backup your documents,videos and photos to your flash drive.
It is recommended not to back up any EXE,DLL or HTML files.This is not particular to any infections.This is a general guideline.

After you format the PC,copy the datas ,rerun a scan to make sure that saved datas didnot have any infections.

good luck
@sundar

yeah i guess that is a good one though, its ok to lost some of my installers in the laptop cu'z some of them can be downloaded in the internet, if the infection infect my flash drive i can format it also, anyways i have located the infection in the system.

the one is in the
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (536), and
C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Desktop.ini"
( so i can backup my other .exe cu'z its not infected?? a wild guess.)

i also found a ms dos file that can shred any files, ive tried it but it didnt work...

moreover the weird number like .exe in the task manager have downed its process, before its somewhat 468kbs of process now its just 200kbs of process..

does the slowing of it means something?
Anonymous User
Nov 8, 2011 at 09:27 AM
moreover the weird number like .exe in the task manager have downed its process, before its somewhat 468kbs of process now its just 200kbs of process..

does the slowing of it means something?//

That doesnt suggest anything to me,it is going to stay there and compromise your PC.Weird number is nothing but the rootkit

I will suggest you not to back up any exe files which you can download them from internet.

Anyway run a scan after formatting the PC.
alright then, thanks for the help everyone!
ive finally made up my mind, im going to format my laptop,

anyway, can you tell me what profession you are? an I.T or others?
Anonymous User
Nov 8, 2011 at 11:13 AM
tech support
i see then, thank again for the help
Anonymous User
Nov 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM
bye