Computer will only show background

Closed
Renee - Nov 6, 2011 at 07:50 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 7, 2011 at 01:17 AM
Hello,

My computer running windows xp will only partially load & I can't get the computer to boot to my backup drive. I even tried to use the original disk but it will not work because the XP version is older than the one installed. The real issue occurred when I was doing a system restore and the computer locked up so only partial programs were loaded! Any guidance would be appreciated.

Computer is running Windows XP Pro which has all of its updates. The problem started with window explorer not working properly. I downloaded Internet version 8 from another computer and tried to restore the Internet however I am missing parts of all the applications.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 7, 2011 at 01:17 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.