Are you interested in customizing the look of your Google Chrome homepage? Here's a trick to put an animated GIF as the background of the Google Chrome homepage and we'll explain it below.
How to add a GIF to Chrome's homepage?
- First, find or create a GIF. To do this, you can check this article which contains websites where you can find them, like Giphy - and various tools to make your own GIFs easily. If you want to add a GIF with your face in it, then have a look at this article.
- Once you have your GIF image, save it by modifying the final part of the file name, so that it is no longer .GIF but .PNG .
- Under "Type", choose All Files and click Save .
- Now, open the Google Chrome home page and click on the Personalize button at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the Background tab, click the Upload from device option, select the animated GIF file you just saved with the modified extension (.PNG) and Click on Open.
- Right away, your animated GIF will appear as the background of your Google Chrome home screen!
Do you need more help with Google Chrome? Check out our forum!