Why isn't my memory card detecting

Closed
moogie - Nov 17, 2011 at 05:30 PM
mijack Posts 68 Registration date Monday June 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2012 - Nov 18, 2011 at 08:23 AM
heey everyone, i really need your help ook so i toke photos.
and i tried to put them on my hp laptop i have tried both ways
1. plugging my camera into my laptop with a cord
2. putting the memory card in the slot.
neither have worked.
when i plug something into my laptop ( etc. the charger)
it seems to have a light telling me its charging thats what my memorycard
usually does but for some reason now it only lights up for a few seconds and stops
not giving me access to my photos.
my memory card is a 16gb sdhc memory card ( high speed)
if you can help me please do,
and fast it really means alot.
Related:

1 response

mijack Posts 68 Registration date Monday June 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2012 10
Nov 18, 2011 at 08:23 AM
Chances are the card reader may be designed only for standard SD cards, and not SDHC. No problem though, as USB SDHC portable card readers are very inexpensive. If the reader still won't recognize the card, recommend you to attempt quick format outlined in the corrupted card procedures.

Also remember check to make sure that the write protect tab on the side of the card is slid toward the unlocked position (toward the contact points). Another thing to check is those tiny gold contact points on the memory card. Check them for any signs of dirt or corrosion, and possibly consider cleaning them with a q-tip, and a very small amount of rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work, not sure what else to try, other than maybe trying to read it/format it in someone else's computer or camera. This way should help you out.