Monitor Display

Closed
ripnik Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2011 - Dec 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM
PETERFRITZ Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2011 - Dec 7, 2011 at 09:16 PM
Hello guyz,

This is my first time posting here :D
Recently i got a problem...on my desktop.The problem is that there is no display on my monitor.I tried changing the VGA cable as well as the monitor which i borrowed from my friend , but stil the problem wasn't solved.There's just the message 'Signal not found' floating on my monitor screen.I even cleaned my ram n changed the slots.But still no luck :(
m guessing that its a motherboard problem.
After searching d=for some time on this forum i encountered a thread with a similar problem..where the poster suggested ....REMOVE YOUR POWER CORD AND HOLD THE ON BUTTON FOR LIKE 30second TO A MINUTE AND THEN CONNECT IT BACK AND TURN IT ON..but m confused as to what that guy was saying..like which power button n switching of the monitor power or the CPU power..n which power cord...
So it would b very helpful if someone plzz elaborate the above solution..or maybe confirming that its a motherboard problem..Also i would like to add that i use my onboard display port..and my CPU is working fine with all the fans working...ok thats it..i hope sm1 helps me sort out this problem..thnx in advance :D
Related:

1 response

PETERFRITZ Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday December 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 at 09:16 PM
hi,
Try this..it works evrytime for me...i am an IT Grad in thePhils.
Just want to share my experience.

if your computer boots ok.
if all the fans is doing well.
and all connections are checked ok...

sometimes it is caused by the dust and constant heat inside the unit
that causes it to moisten and cause dust to block connections...

Turn off your computer.unplug the main cord first.(safety first)
open your pc then pull out the ram and try cleaning the ram slot with a paint brush clean it thoroughly.and also the ram with a pencil eraser...
and detach the DVD/CDROM and the Floppy Disk Drive...
and then after cleaning the ram slot and the ram..put it back together..then check the 2 yellow and 2 black wires near the cpu...if it is connectd properly.
dont put back the DVD/CDROM and FLoppy Drive yet..just the memory..

Then put all your connections back the mouse and the keyboard and the VGA and power cord must be checked if properly connected.

Then Turn on your PC..

it works every time here for us..hope this works..for more help just email me at Email Id removed for security