Toshiba Satellite L655 slow after sleep

Closed
Kristen - Jan 2, 2012 at 07:24 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655 running Windows 7. It is TERRIBLY slow resuming from sleep (it takes MINUTES before I can click on anything in a browser window if the browser had been launched before sleeping). I've tried both IE9.0 and Firefox -- same problem. According to the Resource Monitor, it looks like it is getting "hard faults" (page faults) for the entire set of memory that the browser had been using, and has to restore it from disk to memory - at a rate of about 1-3MB/s (and it frequently thinks it needs to restore more than 1G -- even if I've barely had any tabs open, and NOT including Facebook, YouTube, or anything with Flash which might be hogs).

It also seems that the amount of memory the browser requires does not go down much when I close tabs. It doesn't release the memory until reboot.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.