Toshiba Satellite A135S4467 restore to factory without boot disk

Closed
Anonymous User - Jan 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 23, 2017 at 05:14 AM
I am trying to recycle my old Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467( Window Vista) and try to wipe the whole disk clean so I don't worry about my personal data.

Many research on google suggests that Toshiba Satellite has hidden partition of hard drive which contains recovery files. It suggest me to continue press "0" when I first start up the computer; however, it only beeps uncontrollably and when I release the button, the window starts up normally.

Some suggest me to press "F8", it does get me to some place, where I can select type of start-up( repair laptop, safety mode, etc.), and when I click into repair laptop, it gives me some options to restore previous access point, recovery wizard,etc,. But the thing is the recovery wizard requires a boot disk which I don't have.

Further research shows that you can create a boot disk by using a pre-installed program called "Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator". But I searched the laptop in and out, and there is no this particular program.

At this point, I have no idea how to continue wipe my hard disk, more research on google seems to lead to the same solution, but does not apply to my particular case.

any help would be appreciate!!

Jonnywalker1
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 22, 2017 at 05:05 PM
Hello Johnny Walker, you make me think of one of my favourite drinks.

I suggest you read this CCM how-to:

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Good luck
Anonymous User
Jan 22, 2017 at 05:39 PM
Thanks for the reply Ambucias,

I actually read the exact same article before I posted here. In the article, it suggests to manually create a recovery disc by going to "To start the Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator, open your Start menu. Click All Programs > Toshiba > Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator: "

However, I cannot find such thing or any application closed to "Recovery Disc Creator" in my laptop, and thus could not burn a recovery disc myself and continue the procedure.

I don't believe Toshiba sent me a disc when I first purchased it, but even if they did, I couldn't find it....

Do you have anything other suggestion?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 22, 2017 at 06:18 PM
Have you read the section about using the recovery partition ?

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings#using-the-recovery-partition

You may not have done it correctly as per the instructions indicated in the How-to, it never failed for other users.

Since it had Vista, the recovery method may have changed since you purchased you laptop.
Anonymous User
Jan 22, 2017 at 06:34 PM
Yes sir, I am pretty sure I followed that instruction exactly the way it wrote. And as I described in my original question post. When I press the button "0", it beeps. But soon after I release the button, the window just starts normally. I also tried to hold the button, but it just beeps uncontrollably until I let go.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171 > Anonymous User
Jan 23, 2017 at 05:14 AM
You must then get some disks. Sorry