Reloading xp on laptop

Closed
darcy - 8 Jan 2012 à 14:54
xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 - 8 Jan 2012 à 16:07
Hello,



i am trying to reload xp onto my laptop (aspire 5100) the disk is from a older computer that I had and my laptop crashed. I have removed the partition on the laptop and started reloading - it gets as far as the product key. when i enter the product key from the bottom on my laptop it comes up invalid
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
8 Jan 2012 à 16:07
The Windows disks are not interchangable between computers. You probably will need an OEM Windows XP disk to be able to reuse the serial number. I suggest you try a local repair shop.

Good Luck