System recovery on xp

Closed
niloufar - Jan 5, 2012 at 01:14 PM
Ambucias Posts 47360 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen September 1, 2021 - Jan 6, 2012 at 04:56 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to do a system recovery on my HP laptop, win xp. I restart my laptop and press the f10, it gives me quiet few options which none includes "system repair" or "system recovery". there is however a "system console". not sure what that is. However, when I click on it and press ENTER, asks me which part I want to do recovery on. there is only one option for me so I press number "1" then nothing happens. please help me.
the reason I'm want to do a system recovery is because, after deleting a whole bunch of viruses from laptop my desktop freezed and I can not even click on the "START" menu .
Please someone help :(

3 replies

Ambucias Posts 47360 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen September 1, 2021 11,255
Jan 5, 2012 at 04:11 PM
Hi

Reboot in safe mode while tapping on F8.

Once you have booted, go to start, all programs, tools and then restore options.

Good luck
I tried restoring, but it only let's me restore to a day before and once the restore is done, it tells me that: there were no changes.
that's the reason I wanted to do a system recovery. BTY there is no system recovery option in the "system tools". I have no idea what to do :(
Ambucias Posts 47360 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen September 1, 2021 11,255
Jan 6, 2012 at 04:56 AM
Like me you have HP.

If Windows is OEM (manufacturer installed), there is a reinstallation partition most often on "D" disk.

If so, perhaps you missed it.

Again, click on start, all programs, Tools and assistance and you should be able to see reinstallation for HP.

Again, if XP is OEM, HP provided you with a series of CD ROM, insert the first disk and restart your lappy, follow the prompts.

If your XP is not OEM, you can still follow the above procedure with the Windows XP disks.

Good luck